Have you ever noticed that underline and text justify button are no longer with WordPress 4.7? These two buttons were removed from the updated version of WordPress (i.e. 4.7).
In WordPress 4.7, the developer team decided to make various changes and introduced various features to the WordPress site. One of the changes that they made is removed the underline option from the editor. So it is very difficult to the user to use underline and text justify feature in their post.
If you want to re-add both text underline and text justify button to your editor, you can simply use this light-weight plugin. This plugin re-adds the Editor Text underline; text justifies buttons as they were before WordPress 4.7 version.
Why this Re-add Text Underline and Justify Plugin Used:
The text underline and text justify buttons have been removed from the bottom row of the editor because Underlining is a bad practice as readers can confuse it with links (bad accessibility), and it does not insert a semantic element. Justify button was removed because it has uneven browser implementation, and in many cases is bad for readability.
- You can install and activate the plugin through these 4 simple steps.
- Download the plugin through https://wordpress.org/plugins/re-add-underline-justify/.
- Install and Activate the Plugin.
- You can change the editor style, Go to Settings -> Writing and select the option you want under “Editor Style” from writing option page.
- That’s it, now it is ready to use!
- You can change the Editor style from the Writing options page by the available options for the editor style.
- Default – without underline & justify buttons
- Re-add underline & justify buttons
- Re-add underline & justify + rearrange
- You may also use the justify and underline text without using the above plugin by using the following keyboard shortcode: on
- Select the Text which you want to be justified, and then Press: SHIFT + ALT + J.
- Select the Text which you want to be underlined Press: CTRI + U. Select the Text which you want to be justified, and then Press: SHIFT + ALT + J.
- Select the Text which you want to be underlined Press: CTRI + U.
You can find the more information here. We would be glad if some of you could download and install the plugin. Short Feedback would be very helpful to us.